Photographer Jordi Koalitic has made his name by coming up with simple, creative ways to capture really interesting photos. And now that we’re all under lockdown, he’s using this skill to share 20 fresh photography ideas for the shutterbug who’s stuck at home.
Over the past week, Jordi has released two videos, each of which cover 10 creative photography ideas that you can try at home. We’re not talking about your standard “try macro” or “shoot natural light portraits” ideas; Koalitic’s specialty is using everyday objects in new or interesting ways to capture dynamic images.
There are some genuinely unusual and fresh ideas in these videos, including:
- Attaching flowers to your lens using a hair tie to create a floral ‘frame’ around your photos.
- Faking the inside of a refrigerator or a clothes washer
- Light painting with books and a television remote
- Faking a couple of different ‘Fruit Ninja’ slicing shots
- Some good ol’ fashioned splash photography
- An adorable pet portrait with a creative twist
- And one really creative bottle cap photo that might be our favorite of the bunch
Check out the first installment of 10 up top, and watch the follow-up video, published earlier today, below:
If you’re a regular reader of PetaPixel, you’ll know that this is just the tip of the Jordi Koalitic iceberg. We’ve featured his work before, and his “viral photo” ideas have always been as impressive as they are simple—perfect for the photographer who is stuck at home with nothing to shoot.